If you fail to pay your taxes, you may have property tax liens placed on your home, land, vehicles, bank accounts, and other property, including your business. Here’s how to avoid a property tax lien:
1. Pay the taxes you owe, in addition to other debts for government services, like special assessment and sewer fees. Property tax liens harm your credit rating, and your debt to the government becomes public record.
2. Consider incorporating your business. If your corporation has a tax lien attached to its assets, you can avoid a property tax lien being attached to your personal property.
3. Take steps to ensure you don’t purchase a property that has a lien attached.
4. Conduct a title search before buying real estate. Liens on real estate transfer from seller to buyer, who then becomes responsible for paying the tax debt.
5. Consult an attorney before filing for bankruptcy. Real estate liens are paid in order according to their age. An attorney can help you take the proper steps to make sure your tax liens are paid.
We can buy your house fast in Texas! Markette Properties presents an unique, simple approach for selling your home! We are real estate investors. We buy houses in Texas just like yours! We are dedicated to the highest professional real estate standards for all of our clients.
Do you want to sell your house fast in Texas for top dollar with the least hassle? Give us a call! (210) 853-2788 or click the button below.