A judgment lien is court award for money owed to a creditor; a judgment lien is attached to the debtor’s property. A judgment lien can make a home sale difficult. Remove judgment liens with these tips.
1. Contact the creditor that filed the lien. Ask what the total amount due is, including all additional court or collection fees over the original judgment total.
2. Make payment arrangements if you cannot pay in full. Request the payment amount & due dates for the arrangement be given to you in writing.
3. Pay the lien amount in full or as agreed. Use the creditor’s preferred payment method. Some creditors will require a specific means of payment, like a cashier’s check.
4. Request a satisfaction of lien. The judgment lien is discharged and removed once the satisfaction is filed.
5. Consult a bankruptcy attorney. Discuss the judgments with your attorney before filing to determine if the liens can be handled in the court process.
6. Contact an attorney if the lien is invalid. The attorney will sue the creditor in court to receive a court order to vacate, or remove, the judgment from the county records.
We can buy your house fast in Texas! Markette Properties presents an unique, simple approach for selling your home! We are real estate investors. We buy houses in Texas just like yours! We are dedicated to the highest professional real estate standards for all of our clients.
Do you want to sell your house fast in Texas for top dollar with the least hassle? Give us a call! (210) 853-2788 or click the button below.