Living in San Antonio, Texas has it’s privileges. One of them is never being too far from traditional Mexican comfort food like tamales.
Now that the holidays are officially here, many San Antonio residents will carve out a day or two and make large batches of tamales for holiday feasts and gifts. You’re lucky if you’re on the Christmas list of a traditional tamale chef. You know what I mean if a friend ever stopped by with a bagful of these cornhusk-wrapped delights!
As you know, my thoughts are always on how to help you sell your house for cash and make you some quick money from your home sale. Especially houses that are underwater, where the homeowner owes more than their home is worth. Recently I heard an interview with a Mexican-American Grandma. She was talking about how to make tamales and how special the tradition is to her family this time of year.
As she described the process, I couldn’t help but make some comparisons between her process and the process we use to buy San Antonio houses directly from people who need cash fast. Selling your house for cash and making tamales have some remarkable similarities:
1. First, just like tamales can be filled with a wide assortment of ingredients, every real estate deal is unique. With tamales, you can use many kinds of fillings and spices. Some are savory and mild; some are spicy and hot. Some call for pork, beef or chicken; some are filled with sweets — think raisins, rum and almonds. When a homeowner contacts me to sell his or her house fast, there is no “standard” situation. Just like family recipes, they are all different. Some require a short sale, some a subject-to sale. Some inherited the house, and some just bought it a few years ago at the height of the housing bubble. The ingredients are always unique. But they have one thing in common: the seller wants a speedy sale with minimum hassle and the most money possible.
2. The real estate transactions I usually do are special. Tamales are not your average every day meal; they are reserved for special, festive occasions like holidays, birthdays, etc. In the same way, as an investor, our deals at Markette Properties are also special. For a variety of reasons, the homeowner isn’t served well by an ordinary traditional real estate deal with a REALTOR®, a run-of-the-mill listing in the MLS, and a perfectly staged home. No, the people I serve tend to have specific needs that can’t be met by traditional real estate professionals. They need an investor to help smooth the way to a closing.
3. The better team you have, the better results. “No man is an island.” The same can be said with an unconventional real estate deal. When grandma’s in the kitchen with huge amounts of food, the process works smoothly if everyone has a job to do. I heartily agree! I’d never try to put a deal together for you without an excellent team in place. That’s why I work with a trusted REALTOR®, appraiser, lawyer, title company, and various contractors. I know and trust these folks so you don’t have to do all that legwork yourself.
4. Experience matters. When someone tries to make tamales for the first time, the results are a crapshoot. They often taste great, but they look messy. The same with a creative real estate transaction. If you want to sell your house fast without a lot of messiness and unexpected catastrophes, you need experienced hands. Someone who’s done deals before — not someone who has just read a “recipe” and plodded through all the painstaking steps. Markette Properties is reliably experienced in all types of creative real estate transactions: short sales, loan modifications, subject-to’s, lease options, seller financing, land lording. We know our way around the “kitchen” of real estate in San Antonio. We’re local, too!
5. At the end of the day, it was worth all the work. Ironically, you won’t see the lion’s share of the work involved in getting your house sold. In a way, the homeowners we work with are just like that “lucky friend” who receives the gift of tamales at holiday time. The behind the scenes efforts are simply folded into a delicious treat. Our goal is to make this all look easy so you can simply show up at closing and sign off on a profitable house sale.
Now that I’ve made you hungry, I hope I’ve whetted your appetite for selling your house fast.
Yes, it can be done. Even during the holiday season. Please call if you’d like more information on all your options. We offer a smorgasbord of possibilities.
We can buy your house fast in Texas! Markette Properties presents an unique, simple approach for selling your home! We are real estate investors. We buy houses in Texas just like yours! We are dedicated to the highest professional real estate standards for all of our clients.
Do you want to sell your house fast in Texas for top dollar with the least hassle? Give us a call! (210) 853-2788 or click the button below.
Photo Credit Flickr CC: katbaro